Hemp is just starting to gain mainstream popularity here in the United States. As more research emerges about the benefits and broad versatility of the plant, more and more people are becoming interested in hemp products. At the same time, a lack of clear information on the subject has lead to a lot of confusion. One common point of confusion lies in the difference between hemp oil vs CBD oil.
If you understand the difference between industrial hemp and marijuana, you’re already ahead of the curve! But what about the difference between hemp oil vs CBD oil? We’re here to help! What’s the difference between hemp oil and CBD oil? Is there a difference? Is hemp seed oil the same as hemp CBD oil? Find the answer to all these questions and more in the guide below.
CBD Oil vs Hemp Oil
First and foremost, let’s get the basics straight: hemp seed oil is different than hemp CBD oil, although they are products of the same plant.
At the most basic level, here’s the difference:
Hemp seed oil (also known as just hemp oil) is made from hemp seeds, and is mostly used in cooking and beauty applications. CBD oil (also known as hemp CBD oil, cannabidiol oil or just “CBD”) is made from the flowers, leaves and stalk of the hemp plant, and is mostly used for therapeutic applications.
Here at NuLife CBD, we sell CBD oil. We do not sell hemp seed oil. That’s the difference between CBD oil vs hemp oil in the most simple terms – keep reading to learn more.
What is Hemp Oil?
Hemp oil, otherwise known as hemp seed oil, is a hemp product produced only from hemp seeds. It contains very little THC and CBD, if any. It’s produced industrially at a large scale. It has little to no therapeutic benefit, although it can be useful for skin care.
Uses of Hemp Oil
- Cooking (hemp oil is nutritionally rich and has a light nutty taste)
- Skin care (hemp oil can help moisturize your skin and has other skin benefits)
- Manufacturing (hemp oil is used in soaps, lotions, and other consumer goods)
What is CBD Oil?
CBD oil, otherwise known as hemp CBD oil or cannabidiol oil, is a hemp product produced from hemp stalks, flowers and leaves. It contains very little THC, but offers high concentrations of CBD. High-quality CBD oils are produced from strains of industrial hemp specifically bred to offer a high CBD content. CBD oil has various potential health applications, and is commonly used to address various health and wellness concerns.
Uses of CBD Oil
- Pain management (CBD may be beneficial in pain management, thanks to its interaction with the endocannabinoid system)
- Management of anxiety and depression
- Management of various health concerns for pets
- Many other potential health applications
See our what is CBD guide and our how to use CBD oil guide for more information.
CBD Oil vs Hemp Oil: Pricing and Availability
While CBD oil and hemp oil come from the same plant, there are some significant differences between the two. And like their different uses, CBD oil and hemp seed oil also have starkly different prices and availability.
Hemp seed oil can be purchased just about anywhere, and it’s fairly cheap. You can find it at health food stores, on Amazon, and even at some mainstream grocery stores. It’s a bit more expensive than other cooking oils, like olive oil, but not by much.
CBD oil, on the other hand, is not available in as many places. There are a few different places to find CBD oil for sale (internal link to CBD oil for sale page, once published)
– but the best place to buy CBD oil is right here at NuLife CBD. You can browse our CBD products here. We ship to all 50 US states. CBD oil is also significantly more expensive than hemp seed oil, as it’s more expensive to manufacture and offers far more therapeutic benefit. At NuLife, we strive to offer some of the most competitive prices in the industry.
Hopefully you now understand the difference between CBD oil and hemp oil. If you need a recap, here it is: Hemp oil is used in cooking and skin care, similarly to coconut or olive oil. CBD oil is used for health and wellness applications, similar to supplements or alternative medicine remedies.