What is Full Spectrum Extraction?

Our CBD oils are made using state-of-the-art full spectrum extraction technology. The aim of this process is to extract all the beneficial phytocannabinoids while removing THC and chlorophyll. Here’s how the process works:

We start with the whole plant from our industrial hemp farm in Colorado. After harvest, the plants move into our cutting-edge 50,000 square foot extraction facility in Colorado Springs.

Our proprietary technology extracts a wide spectrum of beneficial compounds, while advanced chromatography techniques help to completely remove the trace amounts of THC from the oil.

The end result is a THC-free extract that is rich not only in CBD but also in cannabigerol (CBG), cannabinol (CBN), cannabichromene (CBC), and natural terpenes.

While CBD has the most benefits of all the phytocannabinoids, there are positive attributes to most of these compounds. While most CBD oil manufacturers focus solely on CBD content, we use proprietary technology to ensure a full-spectrum extraction. Find out more about all the phytocannabinoids right here.

A finished NuLife CBD Oil will contain a cannabinoid composition similar to the breakdown below:

As you can see, about 90% of the cannabinoid content is CBD, with the remaining 10% split between CBG, CBN, CBC, CBDA, minor cannabinoids, and terpenes. Total terpenes account for between 1 and 4% of the oil’s composition.

Quality Control

Our process has been refined over the years to ensure quality and consistency. Beyond utilizing the latest technologies and equipment, we also follow rigorous quality control measures.

We test all of our products in-house using chromatographic technology. We also utilize a 3rd-party tester to evaluate finished products, ensuring accuracy in reported phytocannabinoid content and THC content.

The end result is, quite simply, the highest quality CBD oil on the market. We are proud to produce full spectrum, hemp-derived and phytocannabinoid-rich oils that contain zero THC and no solvents, heavy metals, or pesticides.

Interested in learning more about CBD? Check out this article on the difference between hemp and marijuana.

Full Spectrum Extraction vs Isolate

At its most simple, the difference between full spectrum CBD extract and CBD isolate extract is this:

Full-spectrum CBD oils, like those we produce here at NuLife, contain all the beneficial elements found in the cannabis plant. We remove the THC to comply with legal restrictions, but besides that our full-spectrum oils include everything that nature intended.

CBD isolates, which are popular with many producers, strip away everything but the CBD itself.

While CBD is by far the most beneficial compound found in hemp, it’s far from the only useful one. Various phytocannabinoids, terpenes and even chlorophyll all have potential benefits.

Full spectrum CBD isolates contain:

  • CBD
  • Other phytocannabinoids like CBN, CBG, CBC, CBDA and others
  • Terpenes
  • Chlorophyll
  • Essential amino acids
  • Minerals, including magnesium, iron, calcium, potassium, zinc and others
  • Vitamins, including C, E, A and various B-vitamins
  • Omega-3 fatty acids

In other words, full-spectrum oils are the full picture, while CBD isolates are strictly CBD.

It’s a bit like eating a protein powder vs a balanced meal with protein, vegetables and carbohydrates. Both supply the same amount of CBD (protein, in this metaphor), but one is clearly superior and more diverse in its offerings.

CBD Isolate on the left and full spectrum extraction on the right. CBD Isolate and distillate are more refined products derived from the hemp plant, but lack buffering and complimentary chemicals like terpenes.

 

Is Full Spectrum CBD Oil Better Than CBD Isolate?

Both offer pros and cons. In our opinion, full-spectrum is the superior option, as it offers more of the beneficial contents of the hemp plant.

With that said, CBD isolate can have some advantages over full spectrum extract.

For one, CBD isolate oils are usually practically flavorless, while full spectrum extracts taste more like hemp. Our products have a somewhat earthy flavor that can take some getting used to for some people.

But in the end, if you’re looking for the best bang for your buck, and the most potential health benefits, we recommend full-spectrum extracts.

 

THC Free Organic GMP Non-GMO Hemp CBD Oil Philadelphia Pennsylvania

View our selection of high quality CBD Products

Nulife CBD Oil

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Sign up to have the latest CBD news and member-only deals delivered straight to your inbox.

You have Successfully Subscribed!